The online shopping industry in the Middle East has been on a steady increase over the last few years, but the area that beats out the rest is Kuwait.
Out of all the people using the internet in Kuwait, 82% use at least some of their internet time to shop online. That’s the highest percentage in the Middle East, so it’s no surprise that there are loads of websites to choose from if you’re a Kuwaiti looking to satisfy your e-shopping needs.
1. How trustworthy is online shopping?
As much as we use the internet in the world today, it can still be a little sketchy as far as knowing what to trust and what to stay far, far, away from. There are loads of super trustworthy sites to buy from, and there are some tricks you can follow to make sure you’re not going to get taken advantage of.
- Make sure the site is secured: if you look in the browser you’ll notice that the common http:// is actually https://. That extra s in there means the site is secure, and is more trustworthy with your information than a site that is not secure.
- Check the reviews: This can be a great thing to do, especially if the responses tend to be a resounding yes or no, but it can be super confusing as some of the online sites have such mixed reviews you don’t know which side to believe. Take the time to read through the comments, you’ll get a feel for what services the company is doing really well and what it is that’s getting them those bad reviews too. Then you can weigh your decision based on what is most important to you.
- Look for names you already know and trust. There are sites that are subsidiaries of huge brands, or your favourite stores might have an online shop in addition to their physical storefront. Some good examples are Souq Kuwait which is an Amazon company, or X-cite, the Kuwait-based electronics store.
2. What are the benefits?
Kuwait is home to stores and shops of all shapes and sizes that will gladly sell you quality goods, that certainly can’t be denied. But there are some nice benefits to online shopping that can make it more appealing than heading out and pounding the pavement.
3. Your one-stop shopping destination
Where you would usually have to head out to a number of different stores, you can get everything in one spot on some online shopping websites. For example, Souq offers products of every kind from mobile phones and makeup to bedding, blenders and baby toys – all in brands that you already know and trust.
4. Comparing prices
It’s easier to price compare. Instead of running between shops, you can open different tabs in your web browser to find the best price for the product you are looking for.
5. Easy delivery
Instead of having to lug your purchases around, get them delivered right to you. Some of the Kuwait online shopping sites even advertise speedy or instant delivery, which promise two to four-hour delivery on many of their products. There are also websites that offer free delivery, usually if your order is over a certain amount.
6. More selection
Kuwait has a ton to offer, but online stores have more flexibility in what they can offer so you will have a much larger selection to choose from.
There are some things about online shopping that still make people nervous, but by keeping a careful eye on what you are doing and who you are buying from, you can reap all of the benefits and avoid those pesky downfalls while online shopping in Kuwait.